Ford Forum
- The Chinese coastal city

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Ford Forum // Voorbeeld Forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
DMT

BerichtGeplaatst: 13-06-2018 03:13:56    Onderwerp: - The Chinese coastal city Reageren met citaat
QINGDAO, Nov. 2 (Xinhua) -- The Chinese coastal city of Qingdao has renewed its contract with the Clipper Round the World Yacht Race until the end of 2020, meaning it will be the first city in the world to host the prestigious sailing event for the eighth straight time, Qingdao sports officials announced on Wednesday.

The biennial Clipper Race has visited Qingdao for six times in a row since 2005 and will return in 2018 and 2020.

The race has boosted Qingdao's tourism by bringing in thousands of crews, visitors and business partners.

The participating Chinese yacht 'Qingdao' has since 2005 visited London, Britain; Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; Cape Town, South Africa; Sydney, Australia; Seattle and New York, the United States.

Qingdao officials said the Clipper Race has also boosted the city's ship-building industry. Twelve 70-foot Cipper Race yachts were built by a Qingdao shipyard.

The Clipper Race was launched by British legend Sir Robin Knox-Johnston, who circumnavigated the globe solo, without stopping, in 1968-1969 to become the first mariner in the world to achieve the feat.

The next edition of the Clipper Race will leave Britain in late August 2017 and reach Qingdao in March 2018.

WASHINGTON John Stones England Jersey , March 4 (Xinhua) -- Klay Thompson hit a key jump shot with 0.6 second left to help the Golden State Warriors defeat the Indiana Pacers 98-96 on Tuesday.

The Warriors had won five of their previous six games, snapping the six-game losing streak in Indianapolis.

Thompson had 25 points on 10-20 shooting for the Warriors. All-Star guard Stephen Curry finished with 19 points, eight rebounds and six assists. David Lee added 11 points.

The win also made the Warrior the only team in this season to get victory in both Miami and Indiana.

The Pacers ended the five-game winning streak, but they still stood on the top place of the league with a 46-14 record.

David West and Paul George got 27 and 26 points respectively for the Pacers. Roy Hibbert and Lance Stephenson made 12 points each.

Visitors look at pictures in an exhibition held to mark the 80th anniversary of the Red Army's Long March in the Gansu Provincial Museum, Northwest China's Gansu on Saturday. Photo: Xinhua

An exhibition commemorating the 80th anniversary of the end of the Red Army's Long March opened at the National Museum of China on September 22. Over 300 artifacts are on display, including weapons, manuscripts and paintings.

"We research Joe Hart England Jersey , commemorate, and publicize the Long March to remember our predecessors and stay true to our mission," Bai Yuntao, the deputy director of the exhibition, told the Xinhua News Agency.

From October 1934 to October 1936, the Red Army, the forerunner of the People's Liberation Army Jamie Vardy England Jersey , marched through raging rivers, snowy mountains and arid grasslands to find safe haven from the Kuomintang regime's attempts to crush the Communist Party of China (CPC).

Some of them marched as far as 12,500 kilometers, enduring hunger, thirst and cold.

An 80-year commitment

"I can feel the past when I see the original objects from the Long March," said Ji Yongxiao, a retired engineer.

"I am the same age as New China James Milner England Jersey ," said Zhang Pu, a retired government worker born in 1949, who has made three trips to retrace the route of the Long March through Guizhou, Sichuan and Gansu provinces.

"The Long March was an epic event that inspires and guides Chinese people," Zhang said. "The hard-working spirit we see in the exhibition has never faded. The Long March spirit is with us today, and its aim is to make Chinese dreams come true."

Ji Xianbin, a retired coal miner from East China's Shandong Province Jack Wilshere England Jersey , served in the PLA in 1965. He was touched when as a soldier he passed by the snowy mountains over which the Red Army had climbed three decades before.

"I saw the mountains as sacred, and that I was lucky to have lived a better life than the Red Army," Ji said.

"I was touched by the Long March spirit of perseverance and the Red Army's fearlessness in the face of hardship," said Zhai Genyang, a high school student from Beijing.

Yu Jin, a doctoral student at Northeast Normal University, said that the Long March spirit of unity Jack Butland England Jersey , perseverance and high ideals reflects the essence of Chinese culture. "We, China's youth, should be the best representatives of these red values and should pass the baton from generation to generation," Yu said.

Foreigners absorb

Stella Dervicani, a student at the Institute Vespucci-Colombo in Italy, is in Beijing to study the Chinese language. She and her classmates were the first foreign visitors to the exhibition. "I had heard about the Long March, but I never felt close to it until I saw this exhibition. I know it made today's China possible Harry Kane England Jersey ," she said.

Upon her return, Dervicani will be taking a modern Chinese history class at Vespucci, which will cover the Long March. "I can't wait, having now seen this exhibition," she said.

A bundle of grass on display caught the attention of Aurora Caselli, Dervicani's classmate. The grass was used as food during the Long March. "This made me understand the struggle that the Red Army faced," said Caselli.

"I could feel the hardships they suffered Gary Cahill England Jersey , like lack of food, cold, and many people dying. The exhibition is very impressive, and it brings history to life," he said.

Caitlin Brown of Chicago, Illinois and Alyssa Flanders of Madison, Wisconsin are studying Chinese at the Peking University for the fall semester. Edgar Snow Fraser Forster England Jersey , who taught journalism at Yenching University, the heart of what is today's Beijing University campus, left for northwestern Shaanxi Province in 1936, where he interviewed Mao Zedong and other senior CPC leaders.

Snow published Red Star Over China the following year, which gained worldwide attention. He also took the iconic photogra. Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys China Wholesale Soccer Jerseys China Wholesale Hockey Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Authentic NFL Jerseys Wholesale NCAA Hockey Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap Hockey Jerseys
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Ford Forum // Voorbeeld Forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: