Ford Forum
laceless-pas-cher

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Ford Forum // Voorbeeld Forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
DMT

BerichtGeplaatst: 29-05-2018 04:12:31    Onderwerp: laceless-pas-cher Reageren met citaat
by Julius Gale

JUBA, Jan. 12 (Xinhua) -- The face of 33-year old Peter Bol glowed with ardent zeal as he waited to learn new skills to play wheelchair basketball with a group of 32 disabled colleagues.

Bol took up playing wheelchair basketball at the age of 18 after he lost a leg during South Sudan's two decades of civil war for independence from Sudan.

"Basketball is very nice for us and it is helping us with a lot of things. It is encouraging us not to sit idle. Not to drink and it also makes us strong because of the training," Bol told Xinhua.

"I'm proud when playing with my fellow colleagues with disabilities. I feel we are contributing to the development of our country," he said.

Bol dreams of one day representing his country in the Paralympics and other international basketball competitions.

"My message to colleagues with disabilities is that they should come and participate in basketball and not give up in life. Any person with disability can earn a living through sport," Bol added.

According to data from the Ministry of Gender and Social Welfare, at least 424,000 people live with disabilities in South Sudan, mainly as a result of eye diseases, polio and physical injuries during war and violent conflicts.

The report says 85 percent of persons with disabilities live in rural areas with limited access to basic services and employment opportunities.

To promote the rights of the disabled and advance wheelchair basketball in South Sudan, the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) in partnership with the South Sudan Wheelchair Basketball Association (SSWBA) has initiated a ten-day training program for wheelchair basketball enthusiasts.

ICRC and SSWBA have brought in American wheelchair basketball coach Jess Markt to the East African nation to train players, coaches and referees.

The wheelchair basketball veteran started practicing the sport at the age of 19 after suffering a spinal cord injury.

He has been coaching since 2009 -- training teams in Afghanistan, India, Palestine and Cambodia, and in his home state of Colorado.

"That is exciting to me because I can see that they have a lot of athletic talent and I know that they can progress quickly once they have good training," Markt told reporters during his first training session on Wednesday.

Kim Bany Joak, a local basketball coach, hailed the training as an important initiative that would help transform the country's wheelchair basketball team into a world-class one, urging authorities to avail more training facilities throughout the country.

"I hope today's training will enable us to change from an amateur team to a more professional team that can bring national pride in the future," Joak said.

Cornelia Van Wijk, a physiotherapist with ICRC said the training program seeks to empower disabled South Sudanese with relevant skills and knowledge so that they can contribute to their communities. Enditem

RIO DE JANEIRO Nike Air VaporMax Femme Pas Cher , Aug. 25 (Xinhua) -- Paralympic handcycling champion Alex Zanardi may be more than twice the age of some of his rivals, but that hasn't stopped him from dreaming of gold at the Rio 2016 Games.

The 45-year-old former Formula 1 and American Indy Car series driver won the individual time trial H4 and the individual road race H4 at the London 2012 Games. He was also part of the silver medal-winning team in the mixed relay H1-4.

"I love Rio, I use to come over in the late 90s for the Indy Car race Nike Air VaporMax 2.0 Pas Cher , which I never won," Zanardi told Rio2016.

"It was the same with [British track] Brands Hatch: it was a circuit I always loved, performed really well on Nike Air VaporMax Utility Pas Cher , but never enjoyed the pleasure of winning a race there on four wheels. I had to go back with my handcycle to correct it.

"I hope it will be the same case in Rio, as the Olympic Village will be close to the area where they used to have the oval circuit on which I competed with my Indy Car. Isn't this a sign?"

The Italian lost both his legs during a motor racing accident in Germany in 2001.

He lost 70 per cent of his blood and his heart stopped seven times, prompting some doctors to give him little chance of survival.

"It took me one year to really complete a rehabilitation process where I could use my prosthetic legs efficiently Nike Air VaporMax Plus Pas Cher ," Zanardi said. "Everything else came after, as only then could I finally focus on my passions.

"I never considered quitting sport. Even in my hospital bed right after the accident, I knew I was mentally the same driver and athlete as I was before losing my legs. Of course Nike Air Vapormax Moc Pas Cher , I also knew that legs are given to us by Mother Nature for a reason, so I had to investigate the possibility of using my talents in an alternative way."

Zanardi returned to motor racing less than two years after his accident before turning to handcycling in 2007.

While assuming the responsibility as a role model and inspiration, Zanardi says he prefers not be treated differently.

"I don't have the right nor the duty to feel special Nike Air Vapormax Off White Pas Cher ," he said. "Of course, because I'm quite well-known, I do became a reference point for people who suffer special Nike Air Vapormax CS Pas Cher , unexpected problems. When I was in my hospital bed, to hear doctors saying, 'you're going be all right Nike Air Vapormax Laceless Pas Cher ,' was encouraging, but to hear the same words from an amputee who had already completed the rehabilitation process I was about to start, this was certainly more inspirational. I guess this is what I am for a lot of people: someone who suffered but came back to a great life Nike Air Vapormax 97 Femme Pas Cher , proving it possible."

He said he hoped Rio and its people could freely express their own identity during the Games.

"I have worked with Brazilian people many times and learned we're very similar," he said. "We like to act professionally, but with a smile on our face. I'm expecting these Games to be remembered for the joy Nike Air Vapormax 97 Homme Pas Cher , the colours and the positive sp. Cheap Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Authentic Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Cheap New Jerseys Cheap Youth Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys Cheap College Jerseys Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Cheap Sports Jerseys
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Ford Forum // Voorbeeld Forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: